MEET DR. LULU BURSZTYN
TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR SURGEON
- Dr. Bursztyn completed residency at Western University, followed by a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology at the University of Michigan.
- Dr. Bursztyn has been a staff consultant at the Ivey Eye Institute, seeing comprehensive and neuro-ophthalmology patients, since she returned to London in 2015.
- Dr. Bursztyn is currently an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry at Western University.
- Dr. Bursztyn serves as the president of the Professional Staff Organization for St. Joseph’s Hospital and sits on the hospital board. She has served on several board subcommittees including the Quality Committee, Health Care Ethics and People & Mission.
- Dr. Bursztyn won the surgical teaching award for the ophthalmology residency program in 2016 and the clinical teaching award in 2023.
- Dr. Bursztyn is a lifelong learner, and enjoys attending and presenting at various scientific meetings, including the Canadian Ophthalmological Society and the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society.
- Dr. Bursztyn is a frequently invited speaker on a wide variety of topics related to the eye, including neurology, endocrinology and rheumatology.
- Dr. Bursztyn planned and organized the annual Clinical Day in Ophthalmology from 2018-2022, an educational event which brought together optometrists, ophthalmologists and allied health professionals.
- When not at work, Dr. Bursztyn enjoys climbing, eating good food, and spending time with family and friends.
- In a former life, Dr. Bursztyn was a chemical engineer, and brings to ophthalmology her love of problem solving and precise measurement that she learned as an engineer.